-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: middlegen-hibernate error
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:03 pm 

I downloaded middlegen-hibernater2.zip. After I set this up, I made a little change to point it my own database (oracle). I manually run the sql scripts provided (airline). Double checked the three tables are in db. Then I ran the build.xml. I got error:

BUILD FAILED
file:D:/projects/wmrs-new/build.xml:157: middlegen.MiddlegenException: The database doesn't have any table named reservations. Please make sure the table exists. Also note that some databases are case sensitive.

Double check the case of the table name, still with error.

My goal is to use this middlegen-hibernate to generate hibernate mapping file. And then use hbm2java to generate the java classes, which will serve as my persistence classes (as the entity bean replacements). Does someone have working build.xml which includes all this? I'd like to learn how to do this.

Thanks.

QD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:30 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

could you pls relook at the build file of the middlegen especially on the database build script to be use , by default the build file point to the hqsql data base config , alter the setting of creation of the tables ,or DB . As for me, I usually take the short cut of having manually creating the database ,and then make necessary alteration to the build setting to have table auto build through ant script.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:28 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The demo the release includes has some support for other database but I only test it on the included HSQLDB. Having said that, you can (as tsg26 said) create the tables manually then proceed.

You could just make it point to your database and try it out rather than setup the tables for the demo. Also, there is a release 3 which you should be using.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]