-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: JetSpeed and hibernate
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:58 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I have found on the apache's site the open source portal JETSPEED. it seems to be what i am looking for to develop my web site.
I would like to know if it is possible to use hibernate with this portal. In fact , all my businness objects and DAO objects are already written. My DAO uses hibernate.
Is someone can tell me if it's possible to do such an integration.

Thanks

Post subject: Yes, you can, but is difficult
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:22 pm 

Hi,

I have done the same thing before.

Since jetspeed is also an "unfinished" project on DB side. It really depends on how deep you want to do.

But the first step you can define your own DB schema for the four profiles table and using hibernate to do the operation.

From my experience, hibernate works very well on my Oracle system.

You may need to rewrite the "DatabasePSMLManager"... and some "peer" classes...

/lance

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]