-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Adding "with ur" to the end of any select statemen
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:59 pm 
Regular
Regular

Apparently "with ur" allows the DB2 database to select data without placing any locks on the database tables. I've been asked to add that to any select statement that I send to the database. We're accessing DB2 7.1 on an OS 390.

I've looked through the dialect settings, and was unable to find a place to add that. Is this something that would require me to change the hibernate source to accomodate?

Thanks for your help!
Jenica

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:12 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quote:
Is this something that would require me to change the hibernate source to accomodate?

Yes, though you _should_ be able to do it in a custom persister that extends EntityPersister. If you have any problem doing this, let me know, and I will make whatever changes are necessary to allow EntityPersister to be more easily extended/customized.

Post subject: Entity Persister?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:11 pm 
Regular
Regular

I'm still working on it, and might find a clean solution. What I've noticed so far though is that maybe I need a way to change what Loader is used. I can change that in the persister but it looks like it will require a lot of copying and pasting!

I'll let you know what I come up with.

Thanks for your help!

Jenica

Post subject: Unable to find a good solution
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:05 pm 
Regular
Regular

It appears that this could be implemented as an additional lock type, or as another 'piece' of the SQL Select object that could be specified in a dialect.

Overriding the persister doesn't seem to give me access to override all of the loaders, and there doesn't seem to be a good place to catch all of the 'select' SQL to modify it.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again for your help!
Jenica[/u]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:50 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quote:
Overriding the persister doesn't seem to give me access to override all of the loaders, and there doesn't seem to be a good place to catch all of the 'select' SQL to modify it.

I'll probably accept any patch you propose to make this more easily customizable by subclasses. Just tell me what you need (ie. produce a patch)

Post subject: "with ur" patch
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:56 pm 
Regular
Regular

A patch has been submitted to JIRA.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]