-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: CVS Access
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:46 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The CVS access page says to log in to the CVS server using anonymus as the username, with no password.

This does not work for me, either from within Netbeans, nor using the cvs command.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:25 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Thats a typo... I really am trying "anonymous"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:02 am 

I'm having troubles connecting to repository from Eclipse (both 3.0M3 and 2.1) - though it works fine from linux shell.. From another post I noticed that almost everyone in Hibernate team is using Eclipse, so I assume you have it figured out.. :)

The configuration I'm using is:

Host: cvs.hibernate.sourceforge.net
Repository path: /cvsroot/hibernate
User: anonymous
Password: <empty>
Connection type: pserver (default port)

This either causes IO exception with message 'No response from server' or succeeds but doesn't find any modules in head..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:44 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Max uses it from eclipse but I use it from Tortiose and Gavin used shell commands. So as always its up to the individual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:16 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

What I found is that the connections to the sourceforge server were really just "touch and go". Without changing anything, I simply tried again later and was able to get through. I can get a connection maybe about half of my attempts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:35 am 

Yeah, I got it to work by mapping cvs-pserver.sf.net with port 443.. Propably some kind of firewall/whatever problem.

Post subject: Several problems can occur...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:36 pm 
Senior
Senior

1) If you run any kind of soft firewall it may get in the way without ever telling you that it has done so.

2) If you are on an internal network (or otherwise) in which access to various ports (such as 2401) is blocked you won't be able to get through ever (I had this problem recently).

3) Even if there is nothing blocking your end you will get sporadic success as you have already noticed. I usually just keep firing the login command until I get in (sometimes several tries in a row). Even then, attempts to do an update only work sporadically as well, although once going it should complete.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]