-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: SYSDATE
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:48 am 

Hi,

Here is my HQL-Query and the translated SQL as well:
Code:
2004-02-19 16:41:36,964 DEBUG [net.sf.hibernate.hql.QueryTranslator] HQL: SELECT ctv.id, ctv.name FROM ChannelTreeVersion AS ctv WHERE ctv.activationDate <= [b]SYSDATE[/b] and ctv.activationDate in   (SELECT max(ctv1.activationDate)   FROM bbt.cn.core.bo.ChannelTreeVersion as ctv1   WHERE ctv1.activationDate <= [b]SYSDATE[/b]) GROUP BY ctv.id, ctv.name
2004-02-19 16:41:36,964 DEBUG [net.sf.hibernate.hql.QueryTranslator] SQL: select channeltre0_.CTV_ID as x0_0_, channeltre0_.CTV_NAME as x1_0_ from CHANNELTREEVERSION channeltre0_ where (channeltre0_.CTV_ACTIVATIONDATE<=[b]SYSDATE[/b] )and(channeltre0_.CTV_ACTIVATIONDATE in(select max(channeltre1_.CTV_ACTIVATIONDATE) from CHANNELTREEVERSION channeltre1_ where (channeltre1_.CTV_ACTIVATIONDATE<=[b]SYSDATE[/b] ))) group by  channeltre0_.CTV_ID , channeltre0_.CTV_NAME

I am using the PostgreSQL-DB and therefore it should replace SYSDATE with either CURRENT_DATE or CURRENT_TIMESTAMP!

The other things worked just fine!

best regards,
gimi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:56 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Why do you thing Hibernate should replace SYSDATE with current_date by default?

Use something like hibernate.query.substitutions to configure such substitutions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:01 pm 

gloeglm wrote:
Why do you thing Hibernate should replace SYSDATE with current_date by default?

Use something like hibernate.query.substitutions to configure such substitutions.

I don't think it should do it by default, but till I am using PostgreSQL-Dialect, it should replace SYSDTATE because SYSDATE is not a valid function in PostgreSQL! And I think that's one reason why I use HQL!

regards,
gimi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:06 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

That is not supported! Supporting some common SQL Functions and Keywords across Dialects is considered for future versions! Also you should properly learn about not using ! after every sentence!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:27 pm 

gloeglm wrote:
That is not supported! Supporting some common SQL Functions and Keywords across Dialects is considered for future versions! Also you should properly learn about not using ! after every sentence!

okey gloeglm,

thanks for the answer and also thank for the advice. it's a bad habit of mine :-)
I used hibernate.query.substitutions SYSDATE=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP and now it works.

regards,
gimi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:30 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

There is currently work on the way for a new HQL Parser which will hopefully make adding such things easier, so you might see things like current_date() in HQL which is translated to the database specific functions in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:37 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quote:
might see things like current_date() in HQL

Note that that would simply be a hibernate extension to standard JDBC sql extensions (extnsion of extensions, lol).

And actually that functionality is already available via accessing the sql extension functions from the HQL:
SELECT ctv.id, ctv.name FROM ChannelTreeVersion AS ctv WHERE ctv.activationDate <= {fn NOW()}

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]