-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dialect Question
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:17 pm 

I have a question regarding dialects, and when they're used in Hibernate. I've spent the past week bouncing back and forth between MySQL and DB2 as the DBAs and sys admins work to get DB2 up and running. Unfortunately, I've noticed that the dialects aren't leveraged for normal CRUD operations when the HQL is generated.

For example, when querying against MySQL, I would expect the MySQL tic marks (`) to be placed around column and table names. This doesn't appear to be happening. Also, the schema attribute for a mapped class(provided for DB2) is wreaking havoc when run against MySQL.

My question, then, is why aren't the dialects leveraged more when constructing HQL for CRUD operations? Or, as is always the possibility, I'm missing the point.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:36 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quoted identifiers are documented in the Hibernate manual. Use, eg:

Quote:
<property name="fooBar" column="`foo bar`" />

Backticks indicate to Hibernate that the identifier is to be quoted.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]