-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Looking for open Source Workflow application?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:24 am 
Regular
Regular

Are there any good open source workflow applications? Much appreciate if anyone could refer me to some. Sourceforge lists pages of them but too many to evaluate all.

jeff.boring@siemens.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:50 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

OSWorkflow from the Open Symphony project is pretty good. Suppoedly OFBiz has a workflow engine also, but have never tried that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:17 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

jBPM?

Post subject: Re: Looking for open Source Workflow application?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:46 am 

jwboring wrote:
Are there any good open source workflow applications? Much appreciate if anyone could refer me to some. Sourceforge lists pages of them but too many to evaluate all.

jeff.boring@siemens.com

We've used OSWorkflow from OpenSymphony successfully. Note that we've actually used the EJB persistence implementation, although it does now have a Hibernate implementation, which we hope to use when we upgrade to the current version of the api.

The API and xml workflow definitions have changed somewhat between each version. Hopefully things are pretty stable now. Note that the XML file format is not any sort of standard like XPDL, and there is currently no GUI workflow designer, although there is supposed to be one donated to the project any day now. The feature set is pretty decent. One feature I'd like it to have, which it doesn't, is versioned workflow, where you can have some items executing in a workflow, and slip in another version, which new processes are started against, while old ones finish against the old workflow.

You may also want to take a look at jBPM, the CVS version of which I understand now has Hibernate persistence support. From what I know it does handle versioning workflows.

Regards,
Colin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:34 pm 
Pro
Pro

Just to keep things vaguely on-topic:
Has anyone actually used jBpm?
The reason I ask is because the doco seems to imply that jBpm actually uses Hibernate!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]