-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Deploying to different web servers not always smooth...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:44 pm 
Senior
Senior

I'm having a bit of a weird problem,
I've built a war file and am trying to deploy it to various web servers for testing.
So far I can successfully deploy to JRun 4 and JBoss 3.2.2 (I'm not configuring Hibernate with an MBean but it works fine anyway).
However, under Tomcat 4.1.24 and Tomcat 5.0.11 I get an exception during initialization:
Code:
net.sf.hibernate.MappingException: Resource: package/FifthFile.hbm.xml not found
        at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addResource(Configuration.java:289)
        at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:944)
        at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:896)
        at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:847)

Does anyone know why it can't find the fifth file in my list of mappings in hibernate.cfg.xml under either version of Tomcat but it works just fine under JRun 4 and JBoss 3.2.2 (which is built on Tomcat right?)?

Under JBoss 4.0.0 DR2 I get various weird errors but none of them are hibernate related.

There are no differences in my build process, I'm using the exact same .WAR file and just copying it into the different server's deploy dirs to be picked up automatically when they are started.

Thank-you.

Post subject: Interesting...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:13 pm 
Senior
Senior

It would appear that someone put a capital letter in the middle of the package name of the fifth item and this didn't cause a problem on JRun or JBoss (though I think it should have) and removing it allowed Tomcat to also work properly.
Which raises an interesting question, why would it work in some containers? Why would JRun and JBoss be case insensitive in searching for the mapping files?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:34 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Classloader implementations are different I guess

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]