-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: What I am Listening to today.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:17 am 

Wow -- I am the first to post to this forum -- how awesome I am :)
Anyway, the other day I bought the CD , Sam Cooke, Portrait of a Legend.

This is a great CD if you enjoy the early days of soul music -- Sam Cooke really is an incredible singer and I don't think I fully appreciated his musical contributions till picked up this CD. Many artists that I love such as Otis Redding, James Brown, Wilson Pickett, etc. owe a great deal to Sam Cooke.

The only gripe I have about this CD is that it will not play on the DVD Combo Drive on my Dell Inspiron 5100 because it is SuperAudio (Hybrid) CD -- how annoying! Everywhere else it plays fine AKAIK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:28 am 
Beginner
Beginner

What am I listening? The Crystal Method of course.. my everyday music for coding stuff and hibernating the world ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:47 pm 

Emmerson Nogueira: 70s and 80s rock and popular music by voice and acoustic guitar with some unique percussion. He's a brazilian guy and plays real nice.

Cool new acoustic versions of classics like "Smoke on the Water", "Hotel California", "Mrs Robinson", "Roxanne" and "Wish You Were Here".

Post subject: What you should be listening to
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:22 pm 

Yankees/Red Sox - Pedro vs. Pettite

As good as a one sided rivalry can get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:10 am 
Pro
Pro

freitasoo wrote:
Cool new acoustic versions of classics like "Smoke on the Water", "Hotel California", "Mrs Robinson", "Roxanne" and "Wish You Were Here".

For some reason that reminds me of an album I once had: Pink Floyd covers, all by the "National Chorus of Great Britian" or some such.

It was amazingly bad. It's badness surpassed Vogon poetry.

Anyway, at the moment I'm listening to Ronan Hardiman's "Anthem," but next on the playlist is John Stanford's "Deep Space," best coding music ever. (Even better than Crystal Method...)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]