-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Disable Session-level cache?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:20 pm 

Is it possible to disable the Session-level cache, and just rely on the SessionFactory-level cache (JCS)?

I am trying to setup Hibernate in a configuration where multiple Sessions can read from the same cache. This is obviously not possible with the Session-level cache, since it is not shared between Sessions. However it is possible with the JCS cache, since it is used by the SessionFactory.

I can accomplish this by simply creating a new Session every time I access Hibernate objects, thusly never allowing a given Session to respond to my queries with Session-level cache data. But I am hoping to avoid doing this by simply disabling the Session-level cache. I imagine there is also a good bit of overhead involved in creating so many Sessions.

There doesn't appear to be a method on the Session interface to disable its cache. If there were a method Session.evict(Class), I could probably get by, but there is only Session.evict(Object).

Any thoughts, or perhaps alternate approaches?

Thanks,
Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:06 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

There is Session.clear() ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:46 am 

I don't see a Session.clear() in the API docs on the website. Is this in a newer version of hibernate perhaps? I'm using 2.0.3.

Thanks,
Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:05 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

yeah, its 2.1

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]