-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multi part key set (many to one)?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:24 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I am just missing this one!

For each foo, each can contain a collection of Bar. This example is in the docs:

<set name="bars">
<key column="foo_id"/>
<one-to-many class="com.illflow.Bar"/>
</set>

But what if I have a two part key, say the Bar.X and Bar.Y has to be tied to my Foo.X and Foo. I am not sure how to specify this. I am not even sure in this example how it knows what field in Bar foo_id joins to except perhaps it assumes the ID?

rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:26 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The documentation covers this!

You use the <column> subelement of <key>.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:42 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Ok, I mistyped (been at it too long!). I meant one to many.

I did think I could do this, but am also using xdoclet. When I can't get it to generate, so maybe it's an xdoclet issue after all. I can't wrestle it to do it yet. I tried this:

@hibernate.collection-key
@hibernate.column="A"
@hibernate.column="B"

which I thought would work, but it just makes a <key column=""/> and that's it. So it may be I should ask this of the xdoclet guys.

rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:50 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

being that i'm the guy who added the @hibernate.column tag to the xdoclet module, I guess I should take the rap for it not really working here ;)

if I were you, I wouldn't try to use xdoclet with composite keys .... its just not really a good combination, for a number of reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:55 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Ok, that's out.
I just tried using the where clause for set, thinking perhaps I could do my "joining" there, but it seems that I can't reference all the columns i need in there.

Looks like the best bet is a merge file for xdoclet to suck in, I'll try that next.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]