-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:28 am 
Beginner
Beginner

thanks credmond, finally i've done it with the native sql :)
and thanks all of you too for the informations !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:47 am 

Good to hear! ;)

Post subject: Re: Embedding Oracle query hints in HQL?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:06 am 

Native query is probably best.

But, I did get a HQL query hint to work using a combination of query.setComment() and an EmptyInterceptor subclass with overridden onPrepareStatement() method. If the comment matches a pre-defined query hint string, insert that hint into the SQL after the select. In my case (Informix 11) it needed a new line after the hint, before the rest of the statement, to avoid a syntax error.

Like:

Code:
select
--+ORDERED
col1, col2, etc.

Note the hint syntax also - this (dashdashplus) thing seems to work for Informix and Sybase. I think maybe Oracle too, but I can't back that up.

Also, for some reason the comment is a part of the SQL string passed to onPrepareStatement(). Sometimes, not always??

So a bit of a hack but it apparently can be done.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2