-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Inheritance
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:00 am 

I'm a bit confused after reading the available documentation for Hibernate; it seems that the only way to declare subclasses is using either subclass or joined-subclass elements inside root class declaration.. However, in the project I'm currently working on we have like 50-100 subclasses all extending a singe base class for business objects - this would result into extremely cumbersome base class declaration.

So I was wondering whether there exists some other way of defining inheritance - preferably by something like:

Code:
<class name="SubClass" extends="BaseClass"...

Thanks in advance.. :)[/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:03 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Max added this to Hibernate 2.1. Not sure if he documented it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:10 am 

Ok.. Can you give me some pointers to where to look at - I think I could dig it out from sources?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:56 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

shoka wrote:
Ok.. Can you give me some pointers to where to look at - I think I could dig it out from sources?

Get the newest version and you should be able to just to add <subclass> and <joined-subclass> directly.

They should just have an extends="superclass-name" attribute.

And remember that you load the superclass mappings BEFORE the subclasses - otherwise hibernate will complain!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]