-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Related Mapping in ColdFusion
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:17 am 

Good afternoon,

I'm working in Adobe ColdFusion, which uses Hibernate for its ORM functionality. I've only recently started diving into the ORM universe but it seems like on the whole it's a massive time-saver! I'm just having one issue at the moment - saving an entity with an updated foreign key value.

I have already asked a similar question on this topic on Stack Overflow, but since that point I'm starting to think the question may be more one for the Hibernate community than the ColdFusion one. The stripped-down example I gave on that question still applies, but here are similar example components for ease:

Template.cfc
Code:
component persistent="true" table="template"{

property name="id"              type="numeric"   column="templateID"         fieldtype="id"              generator="identity";
    property name="userID"          type="numeric"   fkcolumn="userID"           fieldtype="many-to-one"     cfc="User";
    property name="lastModified"    type="date"      column="lastModified";

}

User.cfc
Code:
component persistent="true" table="user"{

property name="id"          type="numeric"    column="userID"     fieldtype="id"     generator="identity";
    property name="username"    type="string"     column="username";
    property name="password"    type="string"     column="password";

}

Whenever I flush the ORM (I think this is what triggers it anyway - it's when the program attempts to update the DB) and I update template.userID I get an exception thrown, but the message is just 'java.lang.Integer' (this is the type I'm passing it, since the DB field is type 'int'). When I remove the many-to-one relationship it seems to work, making me think the issue is either with the relational mapping itself (but 'gets' work even when 'sets' don't, so probably not), the target field (again, though, gets work...) or what Hibernate has worked out the field type as.

Looking at the error dump, I can see:
CF Application error (detail: The root cause of this exception was: coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateSessionException: Property : userID - java.lang.Integer.)
caused by java.lang.ClassCastException (message: java.lang.integer)
caused by org.hibernate.HibernateException (message: Property : userID - java.lang.Integer)

Now, as I said on SO, I understand CF has a number of problems when dealing with integers, but doing a type check on the line before calling the implicit setter on userID shows it as java.lang.Integer, which is the closest CF can possibly manage to an int.

Fun fact (not sure if this affects anything) - the db table was not created by ORM, but was already in existence when the ORM in CF was created.

I'm at the point now all I have looping in my head is "it wants an integer, I'm giving it an integer". I assume soon I'll be waking up in a cold sweat screaming "what do you want from me?" or something, but I'm also aware it may just be I've made a stupid error somewhere.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Cush

Post subject: Re: Related Mapping in ColdFusion
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:44 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

You should ask this question on the ColdFusion error because, although they build on top of Hibernate, it's still a different product. Their community can help you better since, with all the Hibernate knowledge, I have no clue what does ColdFusion behind the scenes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:47 am 

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for your suggestion, but we have an Enterprise licence with platinum support on top and their support agent still wasn't able to do anything about it. I think I won the 'bad support agent' lottery in that specific case, but as it stands they can't help.

Can you at least assist at all in what the issue might be? For example, what the Hibernate part of the error stack is suggesting?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:58 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quote:
Can you at least assist at all in what the issue might be? For example, what the Hibernate part of the error stack is suggesting?

HibernateException is a generic exception, so you need to provide a Hibernate stack trace to get more info. However, it's probably better to just debug it and see what's happening behind the scenes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:23 pm 

Ah, see I thought that might be the case but I thought the message might help identify a bit better what's going on.

I'll get a stack trace tomorrow when I'm back in the office (LAN access only to the server in question).

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:31 am 

This is the stack trace I get when passing a java.lang.Integer into the integer field:

Code:
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._cast(Cast.java:253) at coldfusion.orm.ORMUtils.getTypedValue(ORMUtils.java:363) at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.CFCPropertyGetter.get(CFCPropertyGetter.java:72) at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.AbstractEntityTuplizer.getPropertyValues(AbstractEntityTuplizer.java:608) at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.getPropertyValues(AbstractEntityPersister.java:4726) at org.hibernate.event.internal.DefaultFlushEntityEventListener.getValues(DefaultFlushEntityEventListener.java:195) at org.hibernate.event.internal.DefaultFlushEntityEventListener.onFlushEntity(DefaultFlushEntityEventListener.java:152) at org.hibernate.event.internal.AbstractFlushingEventListener.flushEntities(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:231) at org.hibernate.event.internal.AbstractFlushingEventListener.flushEverythingToExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:102) at org.hibernate.event.internal.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:55) at org.hibernate.internal.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:1258) at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.SessionWrapper.flush(SessionWrapper.java:190) at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernatePersistenceManager.onCommit(HibernatePersistenceManager.java:963) at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernatePersistenceManager$HibernateEventListener.onCommit(HibernatePersistenceManager.java:1114) at coldfusion.tagext.sql.TransactionTag.fireOnCommit(TransactionTag.java:743) at coldfusion.tagext.sql.TransactionTag.commit(TransactionTag.java:401) at coldfusion.tagext.sql.TransactionTag.doEndTag(TransactionTag.java:300) at cfindex2ecfm1339969791._factor7(E:\ftphome\sdcwww\git\dev\james\forms\example\index.cfm:293) at cfindex2ecfm1339969791._factor10(E:\ftphome\sdcwww\git\dev\james\forms\example\index.cfm:287) at cfindex2ecfm1339969791._factor13(E:\ftphome\sdcwww\git\dev\james\forms\example\index.cfm:141) at cfindex2ecfm1339969791._factor18(E:\ftphome\sdcwww\git\dev\james\forms\example\index.cfm:5) at cfindex2ecfm1339969791._factor19(E:\ftphome\sdcwww\git\dev\james\forms\example\index.cfm:1) at cfindex2ecfm1339969791.runPage(E:\ftphome\sdcwww\git\dev\james\forms\example\index.cfm:1) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:251) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.handlePageInvoke(IncludeTag.java:736) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:572) at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65) at coldfusion.filter.IpFilter.invoke(IpFilter.java:45) at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:479) at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:43) at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40) at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:142) at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:94) at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:60) at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22) at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62) at coldfusion.filter.RequestThrottleFilter.invoke(RequestThrottleFilter.java:151) at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:219) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:291) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:239) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at coldfusion.inspect.weinre.MobileDeviceDomInspectionFilter.doFilter(MobileDeviceDomInspectionFilter.java:121) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:239) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:239) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:218) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:106) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:142) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:88) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:532) at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AbstractAjpProcessor.process(AbstractAjpProcessor.java:874) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:673) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1500) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1456) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Edit: I know the top item on the stack after the variable type is coldfusion.runtime.Cast._cast(Cast.java:253) but I'm just hoping the Hibernate entries in there might help debug the issue - CF support are really struggling to understand the issue, let alone fix it

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:48 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

It's Coldfusion:

Code:
coldfusion.orm.ORMUtils.getTypedValue(ORMUtils.java:363)

not Hibernate throwing the exception. So, only a CF expert can help you with that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:11 am 

Cush wrote:
Edit: I know the top item on the stack after the variable type is coldfusion.runtime.Cast._cast(Cast.java:253) but I'm just hoping the Hibernate entries in there might help debug the issue - CF support are really struggling to understand the issue, let alone fix it

Do you see anything at all in the hibernate entries there which can help? Just information about what's going on in the back end or anything?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:54 am 

I guess not.

Well, in case anyone else is interested, or you want to help people who post here in future having the same issue, Adobe support eventually sorted it out (emphasis on 'eventually') and I've answered the SO question accordingly:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/458 ... 7#45984417

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]