-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to utilize the metadata model in mappedBy attribute?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:59 am 

JPA Metadata Model may generate the atrribute information of the entity class(Topic)
so that I can get the information by the field of metadata model(Topic_) but not String constant
, which really set free for us to modify the attribute name of entity class.

And I found that the mappedBy attribute in @OneToMany.. can not utilize the metadata model.

I have tried this way that

Code:
@OneToMany(mappedBy="${Topic_.person.getName()}")

, but failed.

Post subject: Re: How to utilize the metadata model in mappedBy attribute?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:51 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Of course, it failed! That's the expected behavior.

The mappedBy attribute takes the name of the property. You cannot use Metamodel for that. Metamodel is used to construct type-safe entity queries.

So, the JPA annotations have no notation of a dynamic Expression Language (e.g. ${Topic_.person.getName()}). You have to provide the name of the property.

So, what happens you modify a property without renaming the mappedBy attribute? Well, Hibernate will not even bootstrap.

Post subject: Re: How to utilize the metadata model in mappedBy attribute?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:19 am 

vlad wrote:
Of course, it failed! That's the expected behavior.

The mappedBy attribute takes the name of the property. You cannot use Metamodel for that. Metamodel is used to construct type-safe entity queries.

So, the JPA annotations have no notation of a dynamic Expression Language (e.g. ${Topic_.person.getName()}). You have to provide the name of the property.

So, what happens you modify a property without renaming the mappedBy attribute? Well, Hibernate will not even bootstrap.

Thanks, I am clear what metadata model use for.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]