-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to set the begin and end index in entityGraph Fetching.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:31 am 

I find that dynamic entityGraph is great api, but what if i want to fetch the first five Object from @OneToMany Set<Object> or List<Object> but not whole one? What setting should I build?

Last edited by JChan on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: How to customize the fetch size in entityGraph Fetching.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:39 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The most efficient way of fetching data with JPA and Hibernate is a JPQL query which allows you to control the size of the fetched elements without any limitation. If you're referring to limiting a collection size while you fetch it eagerly, that's not possible since Hibernate has to fetch it fully.

If you're referring to JDBC fetch size, that can be set with the hibernate.jdbc.fetch_size configuration property.

Post subject: Re: How to customize the fetch size in entityGraph Fetching.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:24 am 

vlad wrote:
The most efficient way of fetching data with JPA and Hibernate is a JPQL query which allows you to control the size of the fetched elements without any limitation. If you're referring to limiting a collection size while you fetch it eagerly, that's not possible since Hibernate has to fetch it fully.

If you're referring to JDBC fetch size, that can be set with the hibernate.jdbc.fetch_size configuration property.

Thanks first.

I think the query way sometimes hard to manage, especially when u want to change or expand the attributes of ur entity(name or structure). Thus, I prefer using the JPA Metadata Model.

Now I know that the entityGraph fetching is eager only, but what about the CriteriaQuery?
Size can be controlled in CriteriaQuery where JPA Metadata Model is available?

Post subject: Re: How to set the begin and end index in entityGraph Fetching.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:22 am 

I have found that TypeQuery Class could solve my problem.

Thanks for your reply again, vlad !!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]