-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate.custom has been removed in 3.6. What replaced it?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:02 am 

I've upgraded to Hibernate 3.6.10 and Hibernate.custom has been removed, what replaced it?

I'm using an inhouse-written Hibernate custom UserType with query.addScalar calls.

Code:
query.addScalar("trancode", Hibernate.custom(OracleCharType.class));

Post subject: Re: Hibernate.custom has been depreciated, what replaced it?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:23 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

That's a very old Hibernate version that we no longer support.

I don't think there's any substitute for that. In fact, there is a good chance that UserType is going to be removed completely in Hibernate 6, so that you need to use generic Types instead.

Check out this article for how you can use SqlTypeDescriptor and JavaTypeDescriptor to build a custom Type. The article was written for Hibernate 5, so you'll have to adapt it for 3.6 accordingly.

Post subject: Re: Hibernate.custom has been removed in 3.6. What replaced it?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:45 am 

If you're stuck on 3.6 then you want org.hibernate.usertype.UserType now. Although I agree with vlad that it would be better if you can upgrade and use newer solutions.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]