-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Migrate from Integer to Float
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:25 am 

Dear guys,

Sorry to ask another question before one finishes. But i had to migrate from integer to float due to unexpected issue. i'm using HSQL file databse, and i expected that hibernate do this for me the same way entity framework do that. But the issue is that i get error on save, and i noticed that the column type doesn't changed, though my integer value are small and nothing would loss in migration process (at last if i used C# and EF), but here... nobody on the net wrote any article... and i'm wonder what can i do? i already deployed the project, and i can't remove my DB and recreate them.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Migrate from Integer to Float
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:55 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Relying on HBM2DDM auto schema generation is an Anti-Pattern in any ORM implementation. You should be using incremental migration scripts which can be run automatically by Flyway or Liquibase.

As fo the HBM2DDL issue, you can file a Jira issue.

Post subject: Re: Migrate from Integer to Float
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:19 am 

thanks, it works.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]