-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: dynamic models & hibernate 5
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:05 am 

Hi,
Dynamic models seem to be fully integrated to hibernate 5, not in beta now :)
Hibernate 5 documentation (http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/stable/core/userguide/html_single/Hibernate_User_Guide.html#dynamic-model) mention a main update :
Quote:
A given entity has just one entity mode within a given SessionFactory. This is a change from previous versions which allowed to define multiple entity modes for an entity and to select which to load. Entity modes can now be mixed within a domain model; a dynamic entity might reference a POJO entity, and vice versa.

So : Entity A is handle by POJO mode and Entity B by MAP mode in the current Session.

My goal is to have Entity A mapped with annotation, in POJO Mod, and Entity B with hbm file in MAP mode (or better mapped at runtime by code), and to define a one2one relation between this 2 entities. I need to access Entity B from Entity A with classic getter.

I'm looking for advanced documentation & exemple about Dynamics Models in Hibernate 5 (i didn't found any) and the use of this new behaviour. Have ever used it ? Advice, Feedback ?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: dynamic models & hibernate 5
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:18 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

This hasn't been documented because it's very narrow use case. You can create an issue on Jira, but there are many more issues waiting to be fixed, so this one will not have a high priority.

However, if you provide a Pull Request with an update to our documentation (we are using AsciiDoctor and inject code snippets from Unit Test - so it's super Hipsterish and cool!), then I'll integrate your change right away.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:25 am 

Ok, thanks for your answer ! I will look for creating a JIRA issu for the doc.

Do you know if this behavior is only possible ?
Quote:
My goal is to have Entity A mapped with annotation, in POJO Mod, and Entity B with hbm file in MAP mode (or better mapped at runtime by code), and to define a one2one relation between this 2 entities. I need to access Entity B from Entity A with classic getter.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:08 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I have no idea since I've never tried it. We have tests that use either Pojo or dynamic-map, but I haven't seen any use case where these two get mixed. That's why I can't tell what will happen.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]