-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Refresh causes assertion failure on OneToMany (cascaded)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:09 pm 

Hello,

I have a problem with a bidirectional relationship with cascade "all-delete-orphan".

I need to execute a "refresh" to calculate some properties of type "formula" after updating the object.

The problem is that if I add a new element in the collection, after do the refresh Hibernate throws an error "assertion failure" because Hibernate tries to refresh the added object although it is not persistent.

My problem is exactly described in: https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-5133

But I do not arrive to any see any solution.

Any ideas / alternatives would be really appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Refresh causes assertion failure on OneToMany (cascaded)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:45 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

It's documented in the [url=http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/orm/5.2/userguide/html_single/Hibernate_User_Guide.html#pc-refresh-gotchasRefresh gotchas section[/url].

Bottom line, Session.refresh is not meant to be used like an UNDO operation.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]