-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unable to access TransactionManager after upgrading to 5.0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:20 am 

Hello,

I have already posted to SO, but I though here would be a more appropriate place to post this kind of issue. It has now been three days that I am struggling with this and I am hoping to find some help with you.

Before I begin, you can check out my SO question here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4059 ... to-hiberna

I am migrating an app from Hibernate 4.3 to Hibernate 5.0 (I'd like to migrate to 5.1 but first let's start with 4.3, though I tried 5.1 and I get the same errors). At the same time, my app uses dependency net.sf.ehcache:ehcache-core version 2.6.11 (not that I will be migrating to 2.10.3 when moving to Hibernate 5.1.2).

So far, when moving to Hibernate 5.0, I had to modify the following things:
- I changed the signature of SingletonEhCacheRegionFactory.start in my classes that implemented it, so that it matches the new start method. This was only a matter of changing the settings parameter from org.hibernate.cfg.Settings to org.hibernate.boot.spi.SessionFactoryOptions.
- Changing all JOIN FETCH to JOIN queries

And now I run into an error I haven't been able to fix: Unable to access TransactionManager or UserTransaction.

Here are the debug logs:
Code:
2016-11-14 15:34:22,853 DEBUG .o.j.EntityManagerFactoryUtils - Line {272} Opening JPA EntityManager
2016-11-14 15:34:22,973 DEBUG e.t.j.p.i.JtaPlatformInitiator - Line {42} No JtaPlatform was specified, checking resolver
2016-11-14 15:34:22,973 DEBUG e.t.j.p.i.JtaPlatformInitiator - Line {42} No JtaPlatform was specified, checking resolver
2016-11-14 15:34:22,974 DEBUG i.JtaPlatformResolverInitiator - Line {33} No JtaPlatformResolver was specified, using default [org.hibernate.engine.transaction.jta.platform.internal.StandardJtaPlatformResolver]
2016-11-14 15:34:22,974 DEBUG i.JtaPlatformResolverInitiator - Line {33} No JtaPlatformResolver was specified, using default [org.hibernate.engine.transaction.jta.platform.internal.StandardJtaPlatformResolver]
2016-11-14 15:34:22,992 DEBUG .i.StandardJtaPlatformResolver - Line {101} Could not resolve JtaPlatform, using default [org.hibernate.engine.transaction.jta.platform.internal.NoJtaPlatform]
2016-11-14 15:34:22,992 DEBUG .i.StandardJtaPlatformResolver - Line {101} Could not resolve JtaPlatform, using default [org.hibernate.engine.transaction.jta.platform.internal.NoJtaPlatform]
2016-11-14 15:34:22,994 DEBUG .JtaTransactionCoordinatorImpl - Line {258} JtaPlatform#retrieveTransactionManager returned null
2016-11-14 15:34:22,994 DEBUG .JtaTransactionCoordinatorImpl - Line {258} JtaPlatform#retrieveTransactionManager returned null
2016-11-14 15:34:22,995 DEBUG .JtaTransactionCoordinatorImpl - Line {223} Unable to access TransactionManager, attempting to use UserTransaction instead
2016-11-14 15:34:22,995 DEBUG .JtaTransactionCoordinatorImpl - Line {223} Unable to access TransactionManager, attempting to use UserTransaction instead
2016-11-14 15:34:22,995 DEBUG .JtaTransactionCoordinatorImpl - Line {241} JtaPlatform#retrieveUserTransaction returned null
2016-11-14 15:34:22,995 DEBUG .JtaTransactionCoordinatorImpl - Line {241} JtaPlatform#retrieveUserTransaction returned null

Here is the stacktrace:
Code:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'idolConfig': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.resource.transaction.backend.jta.internal.JtaPlatformInaccessibleException: Unable to access TransactionManager or UserTransaction to make physical transaction delegate
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:136)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessorsBeforeInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:408)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1575)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:545)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:482)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:306)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:230)
    [...]
Caused by: org.hibernate.resource.transaction.backend.jta.internal.JtaPlatformInaccessibleException: Unable to access TransactionManager or UserTransaction to make physical transaction delegate
    at org.hibernate.resource.transaction.backend.jta.internal.JtaTransactionCoordinatorImpl.makePhysicalTransactionDelegate(JtaTransactionCoordinatorImpl.java:229)
    at org.hibernate.resource.transaction.backend.jta.internal.JtaTransactionCoordinatorImpl.getTransactionDriverControl(JtaTransactionCoordinatorImpl.java:203)
    at org.hibernate.engine.transaction.internal.TransactionImpl.<init>(TransactionImpl.java:36)
    at org.hibernate.internal.AbstractSessionImpl.getTransaction(AbstractSessionImpl.java:313)
    at org.hibernate.internal.SessionImpl.<init>(SessionImpl.java:281)
    at org.hibernate.internal.SessionFactoryImpl$SessionBuilderImpl.openSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:1326)
    at org.hibernate.jpa.internal.EntityManagerImpl.internalGetSession(EntityManagerImpl.java:133)
    [...]

I am quite desperate on this one..

All the best, and thanks if anyone can help !

Post subject: Re: Unable to access TransactionManager after upgrading to 5.0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:54 am 

I have actually been able to solve my issue, after three hard days of work ! The solution was to specify the JTA platform in my spring.xml file:
Code:
<prop key="hibernate.transaction.jta.platform">org.hibernate.service.jta.platform.internal.WeblogicJtaPlatform</prop>

Oooooh that of relief :D

Post subject: Re: Unable to access TransactionManager after upgrading to 5.0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:55 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I answered your question on StackOverflow.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]