-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Schema name not "quoted" for SQLServer in generated SQL
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:10 pm 

I've done a fair bit of searching and experimentation on this and haven't had much luck. Apologies in advance if I've missed something obvious here.

hibernate-jpa-2.0-api - 1.0.1.Final-redhat-3
hibernate-core - 4.2.18.Final-redhat-2

We have a CI build that uses the git branch path to set the schema name and while that could be changed, I think this question is still relevant.

Code:
<property name="hibernate.default_schema" value="ci_jenkins_origin/jpa-integration-tests-get-them-working"/>

When Hibernate initializes, there are zero complaints about the schema. However, when SQL is generated (I'm using a criteria query as well as a simple em.find()) I get the following:

Hibernate SQL debug output:
Code:
Hibernate:
    select
    from
        ci_jenkins_origin/jpa-integration-tests-get-them-working.RELATION relation0_
18:16:10,635 WARN  [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper.logExceptions()] (SqlExceptionHelper.java:144) SQL Error: 102, SQLState: 42000
18:16:10,636 ERROR [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper.logExceptions()] (SqlExceptionHelper.java:146) Incorrect syntax near '/'.

I checked in the SQLServerDialect code and see this:

Code:
   @Override
    public char closeQuote() {
      return ']';
   }

@Override
    public char openQuote() {
      return '[';
   }

And I found code like this:

org.hibernate.internal.util
Code:
   public static boolean isQuoted(String name, Dialect dialect) {
      return name != null && name.length() != 0
            && ( ( name.charAt( 0 ) == '`' && name.charAt( name.length() - 1 ) == '`' )
                  || ( name.charAt( 0 ) == '"' && name.charAt( name.length() - 1 ) == '"' )
                  || ( name.charAt( 0 ) == dialect.openQuote()
                        && name.charAt( name.length() - 1 ) == dialect.closeQuote() ) );
   }

Which suggests that a backtick should be used. I tried that in the schema name property and it doesn't seem to work. I think it DOES work when you specify the schema name on a @Table annotation tho... I didn't trace the code enough to try to find out if it's used for SQL generation.

In fact, when I do use the backticks in the schema config property, I get an error on init:

Code:
Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: Unable to find column with logical name: GRP_OWNER_KID in org.hibernate.mapping.Table(GROUP_MEMBERSHIP) and its related supertables and secondary tables
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Ejb3JoinColumn.checkReferencedColumnsType(Ejb3JoinColumn.java:582)
   ... 57 more

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Troy

Last edited by tkelley353 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Schema name not "quoted" for SQLServer in generated SQL
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:46 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Does this "ci_jenkins_origin/jpa-integration-tests-get-them-working" come from a default_schema setting?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:41 am 

Yes, I updated the original post to include that - I meant to include that detail...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:31 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

You need to set both the schema and the catalog:

Code:
<property name="hibernate.default_catalog" value="ci_jenkins_origin"/>
<property name="hibernate.default_schema" value="jpa-integration-tests-get-them-working"/>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]