-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: How to define alias of super type with {alias.*} syntax
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:39 am 

I have the following query using createSQLQuery.
A and B are both inheriting from a common super class and I would like to select A and B with the addEntity method.
I therefore need to select A and B with the {alias.*} syntax as I get column clashes otherwise.

Code:
SQLQuery query = Database.getHibernateSessionProvider().getSession().createSQLQuery(""
        + "select {a.*}, {b.*} from A a "
        + " inner join SUPER a_super ON a_super.id = a.id "
        + " inner join SUPER b_super ON b_super.id = b.id "
        + " inner join A a ON a.key = b.key ");
query.addEntity("a", A.class). addEntity("b", B.class).list();

My question is how I can influence the alias of the super type (a_super and b_super)? It seems that Hibernate is expanding {a.*} to a.xxx for field in the sub type and a_1_.xxx in the super type. This means in order to get my query working I need to hardcode those aliases which is not the desired solution as I don't know if this is stable or not.

Code:
SQLQuery query = Database.getHibernateSessionProvider().getSession().createSQLQuery(""
        + "select {a.*}, {b.*} from A a "
        + " inner join SUPER a_1_ ON a_1_.id = a.id "
        + " inner join SUPER b_1_ ON b_1_.id = b.id "
        + " inner join A a ON a.key = b.key ");
query.addEntity("a", A.class). addEntity("b", B.class).list();

Can anyone help with this? Is there a way to define the alias of the super type myself?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]