-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: ASP.Net MVC requirements vs ASP.Net?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:37 am 

Hi

I'm jumping into ASP.Net MVC 6 and wanted to know how tough it's been for hosting providers to support it. I've read some review and I found asphostportal as the best and support asp.net mvc 6 hosting.

One thing that I'd like to know is how I can port my local MVC app to a hosted provider if I'm using LINQ to SQL. I assume I have to move the dbml files over in some way? What else that's special in contrast to a regular ASP.Net app? (Sorry if this is a complete newbie question, I'm trying to get a feel for the steps involved.)

Can anyone give their opinion on how quickly providers are adding support for ASP.Net MVC? I'd also like to know if it's going to be a Big Deal and get future support and love from Microsoft or if it's being thought of at Redmond as an experiment compared with webforms, subject to being pulled without notice. I ask this one because I'm seeing a lot of jobs on the usual boards involving Spring, Hibernate & J2EE, and a comparative lack of ASP.Net (much less ASP.Net MVC) offerings and wonder if this tide will turn at some point. (Feel free to disagree with me on the number of jobs involving J2EE & LAMP vs ASP.Net, but that's my observation.)

Post subject: Re: ASP.Net MVC requirements vs ASP.Net?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:02 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I think you should ask this question on a .NET forum since it's more relevant there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]