-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Migrating Hibernate 3 to 5,org.hibernate.cache.Cache missing
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:52 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi I am trying to migrate Hibernate 3.6.1 to 5 and I can't find any guide where org.hibernate.cache.Cache were moved to.. ? In 3.6.1 it was in hibernate-core jar and in 5 it is not found in this package..

Code:
error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol:   class Cache
[ERROR] location: package org.hibernate.cache

Below is how I use org.hibernate.cache.Cache (just a snippet to show what I must rewrite or remove from project):

Code:
protected Cache getCache(final String name) {
        if (!TransactionSynchronizationManager.isSynchronizationActive())
            return null;

final String cacheKey = getCacheKey(name);
        Cache cache = (Cache) TransactionSynchronizationManager.getResource(cacheKey);

if (cache == null) {
            cache =  new HashtableCache(cacheKey);

TransactionSynchronizationManager.bindResource(cacheKey, cache);
            TransactionSynchronizationManager.registerSynchronization(new TransactionSynchronizationAdapter() {

private Object suspended = null;
                private boolean beforeCompletionInvoked = false;

Post subject: Re: error: cannot find symbol Migrating Hibernate 3 to 4 or 5
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:15 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The Cache API went through some refactoring in the Hibernate 4 version. For instance, instead of CacheProvider, you now have a RegionFactory.

You can still find the Cache class in the org.hibernate package.

Post subject: Re: Migrating Hibernate 3 to 5,org.hibernate.cache.Cache missing
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:33 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks for answer,
It seems it would be the best to move to Hibernate 5 since there must have been another big recatoring comparing to Hibernate 4.

@mihalcea_vlad I am moving to Hibernate 5, maybe Cache is in Hibernate 4 but in 5 it is removed. I also can't see HashtableCache class. What about them?

Also RegionFactory is marked deprecated in Hibernate 5.

Since there are so many changes in cache only, I am wondering if new Spring 4.2.6 is ready for integration with Hibernate 5.

Post subject: Re: Migrating Hibernate 3 to 5,org.hibernate.cache.Cache missing
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:12 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

org.hibernate.cache.RegionFactory is deprecated in favor for org.hibernate.cache.spi.RegionFactory, so no worries there.

HashtableCache was probably removed because Hibernate does not offer any default 2nd level cache provider mechanism. You must use Infinispan, Ehcache, or Hazelcast.

As for Spring, you need to check on their forum or user group if the Hibernate 5 integration is ready.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]