-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate 5x, Spring 4x, Joda and Jadira , oh my.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:24 am 
Beginner
Beginner

So I had a Spring 3.1.1.RELEASE/Hibernate 3.6.2.Final/Hibernate Validator 4.1.0.Final webapp that makes use of Joda DateTimes.
That version of h-v uses javax.valiation 1.0.0.GA.

There's a feature of javax.validation 1.1.0.Final I want to incorporate into my bean validation.
javax.validation 1.1.0.Final comes in with H5, so I've chosen to upgrade to H 5.0.3.Final

Question 1: what is the eariler major version of Spring that supports H5 ? I've seen posts where H5 works with S 4.2.2.RELEASE.
For now I've chose to upgrade to S 4.1.1.RELEASE

Various posts suggest using Jadira with H4. After struggling for a few days I turned up a post stating jadira usertypes is incompatible with H5

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32448957/abstractmethoderror-in-sessionfactoryimpl-when-upgrading-to-hibernate-5

So that means skipping jadira and going back to Joda. But then I get runtime joda.nullSafeGet errors.

So, how does one get Joda DateTime fields annotated correctly with H5 without Jadira? Or failing that, can I drop back to H4x , bring in java.validation 1.1.0.Final as a dependency all its own then exclude that dependency within h-v 4.x ?

TIA

Still-learning Steve

Post subject: Re: Hibernate 5x, Spring 4x, Joda and Jadira , oh my.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:11 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

As of writing, this Spring issue is still open: https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/issues/2763
There are also some workarounds for the naming strategy change.
Hibernate 5 features a hibernate-java8 dependency which allows you to use the Java 8 Date/Time classes.

Post subject: Re: Hibernate 5x, Spring 4x, Joda and Jadira , oh my.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:39 pm 

I was able to get it work long outside the warnings mentioned above. There is now a 5.0 Jadira release that adds hibernate 5 support which is good for date but also for monetary amount support too before jdk9 official support.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]