-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Envers Properties.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:52 pm 

I'm new to using Hibernate Envers Properties.

Does anyone know how I can save a new record where the if the properties values are the same, I would want Envers not to report the property as having been changed?

For example:

public class Pie
@Entity
@Audited
{
//ommitting the setters and getters
@GeneratedValue (strategy = GenerationType.AUTO)
@Column(name = "id")

@Audited
@Column(name="fruit")
String fruit = apple;

@Audited(withModifiedFlag=true)
@Column(name="diameter")
String diameter = "12 inch pie"
}

I create first apple pie that has 12 inch diameter. I later add another pie, a cherry pie, and the diameter is also 12 inches. Note that I've set audited(withModifiedFlag=true) only on the diameter of the pie.

I would like to see in the audit table:

Rev | fruit | diameter | diameter_mod
---------------------------------------------------
xx | cherry | 12 inch pie | 0
---------------------------------------------------
xx | apple | 12 inch pie | 1

Is this even possible?

What I've tried was that if I create a new object and then use save or saveOrUpdate, I would see that diameter_mod equals to 1 for cherry pie. Is there anyway I can create the cherry pie with the same 12 inch and have Envers report
diameter_mod is 0 like above?

If I were to retrieve the apple pie through a session and modify the apple pie into a cherry pie, then diameter_mod would return 0.

Pie p = (Pie) session.get(Pie.class, 1)...
p.setDiameter(12);
PieFactory.saveOrUpdate(pie, session);

Instead of modifying an existing record, I would like to create a brand new Pie object and persist it in the database, for example, new Pie ("pumpkin", "12 inch pie") and I would like to see the audit table to say that the size has not changed by showing a 0 for the pumpkin pie's diameter. Is this possible with Envers?

Thanks in advance.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]