-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Collection content is many times the same entity
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:18 pm 

My code is involving 3 entities:
Code:
   @Entity
   public class Entity1 implements Serializable {
      @OneToMany(cascade={CascadeType.ALL},fetch = FetchType.EAGER, targetEntity = Entity3.class,mappedBy = "entity1")
      private Collection<Entity3> entity3;   

@OneToMany(cascade={CascadeType.ALL},fetch = FetchType.EAGER, targetEntity = Entity2.class,mappedBy = "entity1")
      private Collection<Entity2> entity2;
   }

@Entity
   public class Entity2 implements Serializable {
      @EmbeddedId
      private Entity2IdPK id;

@ManyToOne(optional=true,fetch = FetchType.EAGER,targetEntity = Entity1.class)
      private Entity1 entity1;
   }

@Entity
   public class Entity3 implements Serializable {
      @EmbeddedId
      private Entity3IdPK id;

@MapsId("entity1")@ManyToOne(optional=true,targetEntity = Entity1.class)
      private Entity1 entity1;

I'm performing a search using a Spring repository in order to get one instance of Entity1. I know that the element I'm querying from the database has "1 Entity2" elements, and "3 Entity3" element in the database.

When I loop over the collection Entity1.entity3, I find 3 elements, which is normal.

But when I loop over the collection Entity1.entity2, I find 3 elements, which are pointing to the same object, whereas I was expecting only 1 element.

Same result if I add more Entity3 elements, the 2 collections have the same number of elements. This is very strange, because when I try to replicate the same environment, with the same database content, and the same code, on another computer, I have the expected (1 element of Entity2 in the Collection).

Is it a normal behaviour ? Is it a bug in my code, or is it a bug in Hibernate ?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]