-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Problem with Hibernate's javaassist
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:13 am 

Ok, so I recently started learning hibernate, and I got Netbeans 8.0 and started going through the official Netbeans hibernate tutorial: https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/web/hibernate-webapp.html

However, when I arrived at the bit where I was to test my HQL ("from Film" - the query I ran), I got this error:

Code:
java.lang.ClassCastException: dvdrental.Language_$$_javassist_60 cannot be cast to javassist.util.proxy.ProxyObject

There's a bunch of other stuff that follows that line, but that's not where I'm getting at.

The hibernate library I'm using came with Netbeans 8.0. So I went online, got the official Hibernate 4.3.6. I configured it on my netbeans, used it and got the same error.

Then I removed the javassist-3.18.1-GA.jar, and the error disappeared. I was able to run my HQL with no problems. Same with removing the javassist-3.15.0-GA.jar that comes with my netbeans - that took care of all my problems.

Which brings me to my question: is this supposed to happen? javassist-3.18.1-GA.jar is in the required folder. Why on earth would I get errors when using it and not get any errors when omitting it?

And why am I getting this error in the first place?

The full error is below. Thanks for your help, guys.

Code:
java.lang.ClassCastException: dvdrental.Language_$$_javassist_60 cannot be cast to javassist.util.proxy.ProxyObject
    at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist.JavassistLazyInitializer.getProxy(JavassistLazyInitializer.java:147)
    at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist.JavassistProxyFactory.getProxy(JavassistProxyFactory.java:71)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.AbstractEntityTuplizer.createProxy(AbstractEntityTuplizer.java:631)
    at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.createProxy(AbstractEntityPersister.java:3737)
    at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener.createProxyIfNecessary(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:360)
    at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener.proxyOrLoad(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:281)
    at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener.onLoad(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:152)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.fireLoad(SessionImpl.java:1090)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.internalLoad(SessionImpl.java:1038)
    at org.hibernate.type.EntityType.resolveIdentifier(EntityType.java:630)
    at org.hibernate.type.EntityType.resolve(EntityType.java:438)
    at org.hibernate.engine.TwoPhaseLoad.initializeEntity(TwoPhaseLoad.java:139)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.initializeEntitiesAndCollections(Loader.java:982)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:857)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:274)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2542)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.listIgnoreQueryCache(Loader.java:2276)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:2271)
    at org.hibernate.hql.classic.QueryTranslatorImpl.list(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:940)
    at org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.performList(HQLQueryPlan.java:196)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.java:1268)
    at org.hibernate.impl.QueryImpl.list(QueryImpl.java:102)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]