-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Why is Hibernate setting all decimal points to zero in a Big
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:49 pm 

Hello,

I am using Hibernate as my JPA provider and I have a "PRICE" column in a Sybase SQLAnywhere 16 database that is defied as decimal(19,4). The associated data is declared as:
Code:
@Basic(optional = false)
@NotNull
@Column(name = "PRICE", precision = 19, scale = 4)
private BigDecimal bdPrice;

I then load the data value with:
Code:
final BigDecimal bdTest = new BigDecimal("14276.5257");
bdTest.setScale(4,BigDecimal.ROUND_HALF_EVEN);
table.setBdPrice(bdTest);

and then I use em.persist() to get the data written to the database. A new row is written to the database and, using a Sybase database "editor" app, I can see that String columns are correct but the Price column shows:

I have tried defining the database column as double and money and with double I get 14276 and with money I get 14276.0000.

Also, if I manually (using the Sybase database "editor" app) load PRICE with, say, 11257.6914 I can fetch the row using Hibernate and getBdPrice() returns the exact value of 11257.6914 so the problem only happens on a write.

Can someone tell me what is going wrong here? How do I get the decimal digits into the database?

Thank you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]