-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: GenerationType.AUTO for SQL Server and Oracle DB
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:48 am 

I'm looking for a proper GenerationType that will work both on SQL Server and Oracle DB.

My table has a simple int ID, which has a IDENTITY behaviour in SQL Server. I would like Hibernate to leverage that IDENTITY when SQL Server is used.

I also need Hibernate to use Table or Sequence strategy if Oracle DB is used.

I thought that the correct type to use would be GenerationType.AUTO. However, if I use that type with SQL Server, Hibernate tries to query a sequence table in order to obtain the next ID.

If I use the IDENTITY type, Hibernate lets SQL Server use the column auto-increment behaviour, but IDENTITY is not supported by Oracle.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]