-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate returns list of nulls
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:48 am 

Hi,
I've already asked this question on SO (http://stackoverflow.com/q/24657919/1140338).

I'm using hibernate as an ORMapper. I want to execute an actually rather simple hql query:

Code:
SELECT a
FROM Foo a
WHERE a.status = :A0status
ORDER BY a.bookingTypeCode ASC,
         a.priority ASC

This hql query is then converted into a sql query which looks something like this:

Code:
select a.*
from Foo a
where a.status='A'
order by a.bookingtypecode ASC,
         a.priority ASC

When I execute the sql on the oracle database using the Oracle SQL Developer I get 17 rows returned. However, when I execute the hql query (using the list method of a Query I get a list of 17 elements that are all null. Although the number of elements is correct, not a single one of the elements is actually loaded.

This is the way I create and execute my query:

Code:
// the hql query is stored in the hqlQuery variable;
// the parameter are stored in a Map<String, Object> called params
Query hQuery = hibSession.createQuery(hqlQuery);
for (Entry<String, Object> param : params.entrySet()) {
    String key = param.getKey();
    Object value = param.getValue();
    hQuery.setParameter(key, value);
}

List<?> result = hQuery.list();

The result I'm getting after executing query.list();

I've recently upgrade from hibernate 3.2 to 4.3.5. Before the upgrade everything worked fine. After the upgrade I get this error.

Does anyone know what might be the problem here?

Post subject: Re: Hibernate returns list of nulls
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:57 am 

I've set the Log level of hibernate to TRACE and found the problem. It was actually a mapping/logic/database error. The primary key consisted of two columns (according to the entity class) and one of these columns was nullable. However a primary key can never be nullable. Therefore hibernate always returned null.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]