-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Select query on polymorphic entity filed
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:29 am 

Hello,

linked to my previous topic : https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1035182 and with the same entity model, I have another trouble.

I want to query all the lamps which are in the floor location and its sub-locations. So I created a new query which is :
Quote:
@Query("SELECT lamp FROM Lamp lamp WHERE (lamp.location.class = Floor AND lamp.location.code = :code) OR (lamp.location.class = Room AND lamp.location.floor.code = :code)")
public List<LampEntity> findAllLocatedInsideFloor(@Param("code") String code);

The compilation and execution of the query works fine but I don't have expected results, only the lamps located in room are returned.
The generated SQL query is the following (fileds have been renamed for clarify) :
Code:
select lamp.ID as ID1_3_, ... (other fields)...
from LAMP lamp
cross join LOCATION location
cross join LOCATION floor
where
      lamp.LOCATION_ID=location.ID
   and location.OWNER_ID=floor.ID
   and (location.DTYPE='floor' and location.CODE=? or location.DTYPE='room' and floor.CODE=?)

The first indice is on the "OR" clause which doesn't have brackets
With the following query I'm able to get the correct results :
Quote:
@Query("SELECT lamp FROM Lamp lamp LEFT JOIN lamp.location floor LEFT JOIN lamp.location.floor roomFloor WHERE floor.code = :code or roomFloor.code = :code)")
public List<DeviceEntity> findAllLocatedInsideFloor(@Param("code") String code);

Is there an error in my first query or is there a bug ?

Thanks in advance

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]