-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: HQL Projection Issue with Set Using AliasToBeanResultTrans~
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:12 pm 

So basically, I am having a problem with Hibernate HQL Projection using the AliasToBeanResultTransformer, the result I am trying to get isn't being mapped properly to the bean.
The HQL query that I am using is this:

Code:
select entity.categoryTypes as categoryTypes from nz.co.doltech.ims.server.entities.IncidentEntity entity where (entity.id = :id105019)

I want to get the CategoryType's from the IncidentEntity based on its join relationship. This works fine when I'm not attempting to use any transformer on it. categoryTypes is a Set and the transformer keeps trying to check the Method's parameter types and fails because instead of finding a CategoryTypeEntity it finds a java.util.Set as if its trying to map a single CategoryTypeEntity into the categoryTypes field. I would have thought that because its a Set it would pull the data out as a Set and then try map it to the categoryTypes field. Apparently not though.

Code:
@javax.persistence.Entity(name = "incidents")
@Cache(usage=CacheConcurrencyStrategy.TRANSACTIONAL)
public class IncidentEntity implements Entity {

@ManyToMany(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
    @JoinTable(name = "incident_categorytype", joinColumns = {
            @JoinColumn(name = "incident_id", nullable = false, updatable = false) },
        inverseJoinColumns = {
            @JoinColumn(name = "categorytype_id", nullable = false, updatable = false)
    })
    private Set<CategoryTypeEntity> categoryTypes = new HashSet<CategoryTypeEntity>();

public Set<CategoryTypeEntity> getCategoryTypes() {
        return categoryTypes;
    }
    public void setCategoryTypes(Set<CategoryTypeEntity> categoryTypes) {
        this.categoryTypes = categoryTypes;
    }
}

Here is the call I make:

Code:
Query query = session.createQuery("select entity.categoryTypes as categoryTypes from nz.co.doltech.ims.server.entities.IncidentEntity entity " +
                                  "where (entity.id = :id105019)")

query.setResultTransformer(Transformers.aliasToBean(IncidentEntity.class));

return query.list();

The exceptions I get are:

Code:
Caused by: org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: IllegalArgumentException occurred while calling setter of nz.co.doltech.ims.server.entities.IncidentEntity.categoryTypes
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch

And the hibernate log message is:

Code:
Jun 27, 2014 12:32:11 AM org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor$BasicSetter set
SEVERE: IllegalArgumentException in class: nz.co.doltech.ims.server.entities.IncidentEntity, setter method of property: categoryTypes
Jun 27, 2014 12:32:11 AM org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor$BasicSetter set
SEVERE: expected type: java.util.Set, actual value: nz.co.doltech.ims.server.entities.CategoryTypeEntity

Using Hibernate 3.6.10
I am using second-level caching with ehcache setup using Spring.

Can anyone see what is going on here? It really doesn't seem like normal behavior, perhaps I have done something wrong. Would appreciate any help I can get!

UPDATE: This is strange, not directly related to the issue. When I have hibernates use_query_cache property set to true I keep getting the projection result as null in the AliasToBeanResultTransformer (then the result returns as null (or [null, null, null] depending on how many are returned. I think this might be a bug? In regards to the issue at hand, when I remove the result transformer it returns 3 CategoryTypeEntites as expected, but not in a Set<>. When its added I get one CategoryTypeEntity that's being processed in the Transformers transformTuple method. Really confused about both of these issues.

Cheers, Ben

Stackoverflow Post: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24431693/hibernate-hql-projection-issue-with-set-using-aliastobeanresulttransformer

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]