-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: reasons for org.hibernate.UnresolvableObjectException
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:42 am 
Pro
Pro

Hi,

I've recently started seeing org.hibernate.UnresolvableObjectException: No row with the given identifier exists type erros in the logs.
I've also experienced these myself from time to time. The thing is the, the referenced row DOES in fact exist.

So, it seems that at the moment that Hibernate tries to retrieve the row it doesn't yet.

This typically happens in the following scenario:
* User submits a form
* Form gets successfully processed
* User gets redirected to new page: ERROR

A reload and the record will be there no problem. I'm just trying to understand why this would occur. The only thing I can think of is that the database hasn't completed processing the action but that just seems weird because that would mean is mindblowingly slow and I would expect that in an OpenSessionInView pattern, that when the session closes, all the transaction have been processed. Is there some database setting that could have gotten mangled?

Any idea how to debug this?

Marc

Post subject: Re: reasons for org.hibernate.UnresolvableObjectException
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:29 pm 
Pro
Pro

Can anyone give me some pointers here?

It just seems impossible that one requests saves an object, flushes to the db and returns the id. And a subsequent request uses that id to do something and Hibernate returns null for an object lookup unless you pause the execution.

I'm using BoneCP 0.7.1 and I'm starting to thing the issue may be here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]