-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: hibernate interceptor auditing log design issue.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:20 am 

What i do

I have a async system which react whenever a new entity is created in main system and this async system query the database for the newly created entities.

How i do it

For creating the msgs for async system i use hibernate interceptor.

So whenever a new entity is created the onSave method of the interceptor is called and i

save the entity id in a list, and now when afterTransactionComplete(Transaction tx) is

called , i flush all the entity id in the list to async system using a messaging system(ActiveMq).

What is the problem

Now the problem arises when there are more then one transaction are in process.. and both

transactions creates entities.

Let me take a example:

Tx_A create entity EA1, EA2.

Tx_B creates entity EB1, EB2.

Now let say execution flow happens this way:

[1] onSave for EA1, i add EA1 id to flushList

[2] onSave for EB1, i add EB1 id to flushList

[3] afterTransactionComplete(tx) for Tx_A

Now at this point i will flush EA1 and EB1 id to async system which when query database

for EB1 found null as transaction Tx_B is still not completed.

Now this issue can be solve if in onsave call i can get the transaction id and then in afterTransactionCompletion i can flush only entity related to that transaction

[1] Now Is there a way to get this transaction id ?

[2] Is there some other solution for the above problem ?

i am using hibernate 4.2.2

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]