-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate + Infinispan - EAP6.1 - locks in 2LC cache
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:13 pm 

Hello,

I am using Infinispan as second level Hibernate cache in EAP 6.1. I'm working on single node.

It seems that the cache is set up and being used properly. I have noticed that in case of heavy load there occured some lock timeouts on keys of cached entities.

And really, if I switched the infinispan log to TRACE, I've found that the lock is being acquired:

Code:

15:30:51,330 TRACE [org.infinispan.util.concurrent.locks.LockManagerImpl] (Thread-12 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-972879781)) Attempting to lock com.productcatalog.ParameterMappingE 
    lement#-3 with acquisition timeout of 10000 millis 
    15:30:51,330 TRACE [org.infinispan.util.concurrent.locks.containers.ReentrantPerEntryLockContainer] (Thread-12 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-972879781)) Creating and acquiring new lock instance fo 
    r key com.productcatalog.ParameterMappingElement#-3 
    15:30:51,330 TRACE [org.infinispan.util.concurrent.locks.LockManagerImpl] (Thread-12 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-972879781)) Successfully acquired lock com.productcatalog.Parameter 
    MappingElement#-3! 
    15:30:51,330 TRACE [org.infinispan.util.concurrent.locks.LockManagerImpl] (Thread-12 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-972879781)) Attempting to unlock com.productcatalog.ParameterMappin 
    gElement#-3 
    15:30:51,331 TRACE [org.infinispan.util.concurrent.locks.containers.ReentrantPerEntryLockContainer] (Thread-12 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-972879781)) Unlocking lock instance for key com.productcatalog.ParameterMappingElement#-3 

The application never changes cached data so I've configured the ConcurrencyStrategy to @Cache(usage=CacheConcurrencyStrategy.READ_ONLY).

It is strange for me that there are some locks, I thought that in case the it is used in READ_ONLY mode then nothing must be locked as there is no risk that concurrent threads will affect the cache values.

my persistence.xml looks like this:

Code:
    <shared-cache-mode>ENABLE_SELECTIVE</shared-cache-mode> 
            <properties> 
                <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="validate" /> 
                <!-- <property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="true" /> --> 
                <!--  <property name="hibernate.format_sql" value="true" />  --> 
                <!--<property name="hibernate.transaction.flush_before_completion" value="true" /> --> 
                <property name="hibernate.cache.region.factory_class" value="org.jboss.as.jpa.hibernate4.infinispan.InfinispanRegionFactory"/> 
                <property name="hibernate.cache.infinispan.cachemanager" value="java:jboss/infinispan/container/hibernate"/> 
                <property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class" value="org.hibernate.transaction.JBossTransactionManagerLookup"/> 
                <property name="hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache" value="true"/> 
                <property name="hibernate.cache.use_query_cache" value="true" /> 
            </properties> 

and the excerpt from standalone.xml is as follows:

Code:
     <cache-container name="hibernate" default-cache="local-query" module="org.jboss.as.jpa.hibernate:4"> 
                    <local-cache name="entity"> 
                        <locking isolation="READ_COMMITTED" striping="false" concurrency-level="2000"/> 
                        <transaction mode="NON_XA"/> 
                        <eviction strategy="LRU" max-entries="10000"/> 
                        <expiration max-idle="100000" lifespan="600000"/> 
                    </local-cache> 
                    <local-cache name="local-query"> 
                        <locking  isolation="READ_COMMITTED" striping="false" concurrency-level="2000"/> 
                        <transaction mode="NONE"/> 
                        <eviction strategy="LRU" max-entries="10000"/> 
                        <expiration max-idle="100000" lifespan="600000"/> 
                    </local-cache> 
                    <local-cache name="timestamps"> 
                        <locking  isolation="READ_COMMITTED" striping="false" concurrency-level="2000"/> 
                        <transaction mode="NONE"/> 
                        <eviction strategy="NONE"/> 
                        <expiration lifespan="600000"/> 
                    </local-cache> 
                </cache-container> 

Could anybody tell me why entities are locked when cache is in READ_ONLY mode?

Many thanks.

Martin

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]