-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: I'm not sure what to do now. How do I use this in a webpage?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:39 pm 

I'm learning. I haven't found the big explanation yet. Not sure what to read.

I know what Hibernate is per se, I can create an Eclipse Java project, compile, enter data into a MySQL database, retrieve, and so on. I did this following a tutorial. All in the IDE.

I can see where the .xml files are mapping everything. I see the classes in the bin file of the Eclipse workspace.

I've have all this "stuff" in my IDE. I have no clue what to do with it. I understand the ORM concept, objects to relationships, OOD and RDBMS.

I'm missing something. What can I read to help me get the big picture?

I wanted to use this for webpages. Do I create a JSP now and call that newly created class (I can use JBoss or Tomcat or something else)?

Thanks for any help.

Post subject: Re: I'm not sure what to do now. How do I use this in a webpage?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:29 am 
Beginner
Beginner

yes. you need to call your main class from the UI now.

example . You have your code in Hibernate to check username and password in hibernate.
1) Design the UI with username and password field and LOG IN button.
2) Call the Java class as servlet or jsp from the LOG IN button.
3) In the servlet or JSP you will have your username or password from the Form created in step1
4) You can now call your hibernate main class to check your username and password from the backend.
5) Send the reponse back to UI as it is (success / failure).

Let me know if you still have trouble here.

www.mindfiresolutions.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]