-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Creating an inner join to the same table
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:24 am 

Hi,

How do you create an inner join to the same table using Criteria.createAlias or Criteria.createCriteria?

Basically, I have tried this:

Code:
            ProjectionList pList = Projections.projectionList();
            pList.add(Projections.groupProperty("orderBaseId"));

session = HibernateSessionFactory.currentSession();
            Criteria crit = session.createCriteria(QuoteMaster.class);
            Criteria c = crit.createCriteria("QuoteMaster", CriteriaSpecification.INNER_JOIN);
            c.setProjection(pList);

But I get this error:

Code:
could not resolve property: this

Basically, I am trying to replicate this SQL query but I do not want to use the in keyword, I want to use an inner join just like in my query here:

Code:
SELECT * FROM
sys_quote_master AS g1
INNER JOIN (SELECT order_base_id, order_id
      FROM sys_quote_master where order_base_id="010313-6063" group by order_base_id order by order_id asc) AS g2
ON g2.order_id = g1.order_id;

Post subject: Re: Creating an inner join to the same table
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:41 pm 

jrobertsz66 wrote:
Hi,

Basically, I am trying to replicate this SQL query but I do not want to use the in keyword, I want to use an inner join just like in my query here:

Code:
SELECT * FROM
sys_quote_master AS g1
INNER JOIN (SELECT order_base_id, order_id
      FROM sys_quote_master where order_base_id="010313-6063" group by order_base_id order by order_id asc) AS g2
ON g2.order_id = g1.order_id;

Did you find a solution ? I'm having a similar problem. In my case, I don't even need an inner join to the same table. Rather, the challenge is to use a Select statement in the FROM list of tables. (It is required to make MS-SQL do an Order By on a column which is not returned by a Select Distinct). I just can't get the syntax right. In fact, I'm not sure at all whether the HQL parser recognises the syntax FROM ( SELECT ... ) AS TABLE

In practical terms, I solved the problem by dropping to the level of native SQL. But then, I had to manually map the result set to objects, with a ResultSetMaper. The number of source lines grew by a factor of 3, so I'm looking for a more elegant solution.

Andrew

Post subject: Re: Creating an inner join to the same table
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:18 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,
from the documentation (http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/orm/4.3/manual/en-US/html_single/#queryhql-subqueries):

Quote:
Note that HQL subqueries can occur only in the select or where clauses.

Maybe the discussion at https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?p=2389790 and the documentation paragraph about DetachedCriteria and subqueries (http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/orm/4.3/manual/en-US/html_single/#querycriteria-detachedqueries) might be of help.

Cheers,
Davide

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]