-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Strange naming of indexes
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:48 am 

I'm trying to change the way Hibernate names my indexes but cannot find the place where this is done. There seem to be no methods in the various NamingStrategy implementations.
I'm using a table per class inheritance strategy and Hibernate keeps adding the name of the abstract superclass to the index name, making it too long for Oracle (30 characters).

For example,
Code:
@Index(name=TABLE_NAME + "$" + COLUMN_NAME)
results in the index name
Code:
table_nameabstractsuperclass$column_name
The annotation is on the field, not part of the @Table annotation.

Any hint on how to change this behaviour or a link to where this is documented? I've searched the community doc and the manual but didn't find anything. I think it's really strange that Hibernate just changes the name of my index.

I've also posted this querstion on stackoverflow, but had no luck so far:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17170209/hibernate-naming-strategy-for-index

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]