-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Error insert null in JoinColumn
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:31 am 

Hi,

I have an issue that I can't find any solution or workaround.

My problem is the following.
I have a STATELESS EJB which is called to persist an entity.

The first step of the method is to get the correct object (entity) from the DB by:
Code:
Foo lFoo = entitymanager.find(1,Foo.class).

Then I try to change one of the relationship entity like this:
Code:
lFoo.setBar(entitymanager.fin(1,Bar.class));

With the debugger, I can see the good bar object in lFoo. (In fact, a javassist of the object)
But when I try to save lFoo, I get an error from DB claiming that null is passed to bar value.

I try to do;
Code:
lFoo.setBar(new Bar);

And I get the classical error 'save the transient before flushing' which is great, so I clearly do not understand why Hibernate did not save the correct value in the first example.

I spent my last week-end on that and I have no more idea to deal with that issue.
If somebody have any clue that I can follow...

Thanks everyone,
Aubertinp

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]