-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Mapping @Formulas only object
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:17 pm 

I have an Mapped object that has several @Formula mappings in it. In most of the places, the mapped formulas
are not needed, but the queries are involved and so when fetching a list of objects, it's really slowing the query down.

I want to move all the @Formula mappings to a separate object. So if the mapped object is, say, a User, the new
object would be UserFormula and really only need a member var of User to map it back to the User object.

It would be one-to-one.

To make a traditional mapping, however, I'd need to create a table called UserFormula with just the single FK
reference back to user (so PK and then USER_ID). That seems lame. Is there a way to create the UserFormula
object without having to make it mapped? Or is there a way to not fire the @Formula fields on queries unless
expressly asked for? I looked at naming each field in the query and simply omitting the @Formula fields. That's
all I can think of. I was hoping that having a separate object of the @Formula fields would just let me fetch
that only when needed.

Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]