-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Database changing problem
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:49 am 

Hi,

I am writing persistence logic using NativeSqlQuery. In between project client change his databse(Oracle to Mysql). NativeSqlQueries are database independent queries. Can you please tell me how to change the database without modifying the persistence logic.

Post subject: Re: Database changing problem
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:44 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I am not sure I understand your question fully because it's not entirely clear.

I am guessing that you want to change the database without using your application or bypassing the application.

Each or most modern database has a view application that connects to the database and allows you to browse each table and view each column. These viewers often allow you to modify the columns already existing. If you know what you are doing, you can even add new objects (new rows) with data, or delete objects,....etc.

So depending on your database, find the viewer application. For example for Microsoft SQL Sever - Revision 2 (higly recommended), the application is named Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. It is free and can be downloaded and installed.

I hope that answers your question or gives you avenues of solutions.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]