-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Query with subselect and composite-id
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:29 pm 

I'm still fairly new to Hibernate and I've run into a problem building a query. I'm using Hibernate 4.1.3.

I'm trying to select all of the items in a table based on the value of one of the elements of the composite-id. Here are the relevant code snippets:

// Coupon
Code:
<hibernate-mapping>
    <class name="Coupon" table="coupon" catalog="myCatalogue">
        <id name="couponId" type="int">
            <column name="coupon_id" />
            <generator class="increment" />
        </id>
        <many-to-one name="asset" class="Asset" lazy="false" update="false" insert="false" fetch="select">
            <column name="asset_id" not-null="true" />
            <column name="client_id" length="20" not-null="true" />
        </many-to-one>
</hibernate-mapping>

//Asset
Code:
<hibernate-mapping>
    <class name="Asset" table="asset" catalog="myCatalogue">
        <composite-id name="id" class="AssetId">
            <key-property name="assetId" type="int">
                <column name="asset_id" />
            </key-property>
            <key-property name="clientId" type="string">
                <column name="client_id" length="20" />
            </key-property>
        </composite-id>
        <set name="coupons" table="coupon" inverse="true" lazy="true" fetch="select">
            <key>
                <column name="asset_id" not-null="true" />
                <column name="client_id" length="20" not-null="true" />
            </key>
            <one-to-many class="Coupon" />
        </set>
    </class>
</hibernate-mapping>

In plain SQL, I'm trying to do this:

"Select * from Coupon where asset_id in (select asset_id from Asset where client_id = ?)"

However that doesn't work (or at least I can't manage to make it work). I've tried many variations of this. I've tried things such as:

Code:
Query q = hSession.createQuery("from Coupon c where c.asset.id.assetId  in (select a.id.assetId from Asset a where a.id.clientId = '" + client.getClientId() + "')");

Query q = hSession.createQuery("from Coupon c where c.asset.id.assetId  in (select a.assetId from Asset a where a.clientId = '" + client.getClientId() + "')");

Query q = hSession.createQuery("from Coupon where (asset.id.assetId, asset.id.clientId)  in (select assetId, clientId from Asset where clientId = '" + client.getClientId() + "')");

How do I properly structure this query?

Post subject: Re: Query with subselect and composite-id
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:09 am 

This query has to work.
Query q = hSession.createQuery("from Coupon c where c.asset.id.assetId in (select a.id.assetId from Asset a where a.id.clientId = '" + client.getClientId() + "')");

Can you please trying defining association of many-to-one with composite key class definition.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]