-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multiple properties to single column with inheritance
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:12 pm 

Hi,

I have previously mapped two separate properties within one class to the same column, and just need to set "insertable = false, updatable = false" on one of those properties that is read only.

I now have a class called Script that inherits from class Item of which I want a property that uses the column from the parent class (and table) that is already mapped in the parent class.

Code:
@Entity()
@Table(name = "Item")
public class Item {

@Id
    @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.AUTO)
    private int itemId;

@ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY, optional = true, targetEntity = Item.class)   
    @JoinColumn(referencedColumnName = "itemId")
    private Item parent;
}

@Entity()
@Table(name = "Script")
@Inheritance(strategy = InheritanceType.JOINED)
public class Script extends Item{

@ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY, optional = true, targetEntity = Packet.class)
    @JoinColumn(name = "parent_itemid", insertable = false, updatable = false)
    private Packet packet;

}

Here I need Script.packet to be mapped to the same column as parent in the Item class (so parent_itemid in the Item table).

Any ideas if this is possible and how I would manage to code this?

At the moment it fails because the SQL generated expects parent_itemid to be on the Script table.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Multiple properties to single column with inheritance
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:41 am 

I have figured out a way of doing what I wanted to do using DetachedCriteria, Projections.id() and Subqueries.propertyIn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]