-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to Use SLF4J Instead of JBoss Logging?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:44 pm 

Does anyone know how to use SLF4J instead of JBoss logging? My application uses Hibernate 4.0.0.Final which dependends on JBoss Logging; and whenever I run my application JBoss is selected as the logging mechanism even though SLF4J is in the classpath --
Quote:
org.jboss.logging [DEBUG] Logging Provider: org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerProvider

I've tried excluding JBoss logging, but then my application does NOT compile.

Post subject: Re: How to Use SLF4J Instead of JBoss Logging?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:06 am 
Expert
Expert

With major version 4 Hibernate has decided to move to jboss logging and get rid of SLF4J ,
see https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HHH-5615
You are forced to use JBoss Logging with Hibernate4, SLF4J is not used anymore within Hibernate4

Post subject: Re: How to Use SLF4J Instead of JBoss Logging?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:36 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

So can Hibernate 4 be used with JBoss AS 5?

I've added jboss-logging-3.1.2.GA.jar to my classpath but then I get

Code:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.logging.Logger.getMessageLogger(Ljava/lang/Class;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Object;

because JBoss 5 has jboss-common.jar which has an older implementation of the Logger class which I assume is getting loaded before jboss-logging. And I can't remove jboss-common without breaking JBoss of course.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]