-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: connecting to and loading different brands of dbs
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:06 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

greetings all,

So I built a desktop Java/Eclipse/Maven/Spring/Hibernate/MySQL/HSQL app that makes use of an embedded HSQL server that runs within the JVM session of the app, a local-to-the-desktop MySQL server , and a remote MySQL server.

The app connects to the remote MySQL server, loads some data from the remote MySQL server into the local MySQL server, then populates the HSQL tables with data from the user, then goes to work.

So in my applicationcontext.xml I've got two datasources, one for the HSQL tables and one for the MySQL tables. I'd like to get rid the local MySQL server but don't how that could be possible. Perhaps switching to Embedded MySQL would work? Presumably that would work like HSQL and could be placed in my runnable jar like JSQL.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

TIA,

Still-learning Steve

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]