-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unknown integral data type
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:10 am 

Hey,

I'm currently working on a project which uses Hibernate 3.2.5. The project leaders want to upgrade to version 3.5.
However, there seems to be a problem with the id generator.

In the XML mapping file we use the following to define a unique id in the table:

<id name="id" type="string">
<column name="ID" length="32" />
<generator class="uuid.hex" />
</id>

During testing, the following error occurred:

...could not be saved: Unknown integral data type for ids : java.lang.String

The error is raised by the class org.hibernate.id.IdentifierGeneratorHelper. It seems that only numerical values are allowed.

Is there a way to fix this problem without touching the database?

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Unknown integral data type
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:05 am 

Hello,

I have the same problems using JPA 2.0 in Java EE 6.

My entity class looks like this :
Code:
@Entity
@EntityListeners({MultiLangStringEntityListener.class})
@Table(name = "DM_PHYSICAL_PROPERTY")
@XmlRootElement
@NamedQueries({
    @NamedQuery(name = "DmPhysicalProperty.findAll", query = "SELECT d FROM DmPhysicalProperty d"),
    @NamedQuery(name = "DmPhysicalProperty.findByPhysicalPropertyId", query = "SELECT d FROM DmPhysicalProperty d WHERE d.physicalPropertyId = :physicalPropertyId"),
public class DmPhysicalProperty implements Serializable {

private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
    @Id
    @Basic(optional = false)
    @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.SEQUENCE, generator = "SEQ_DM_PHYSICAL_PROPERTY")
    @SequenceGenerator(name = "SEQ_DM_PHYSICAL_PROPERTY", sequenceName = "SEQ_DM_PHYSICAL_PROPERTY", allocationSize = 1)
    @Column(name = "PHYSICAL_PROPERTY_ID")
    private String physicalPropertyId;
}

An when I call the persist method, I have the following error :
Code:
13:29:11,716 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb3.tx2.impl.CMTTxInterceptor] javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: org.hibernate.id.IdentifierGenerationException: Unknown integral data type for ids : java.lang.String
13:29:11,779 ERROR [org.jboss.webservices.integration.invocation.InvocationHandlerEJB3] Method invocation failed with exception: org.hibernate.id.IdentifierGenerationException: Unknown integral data type for ids : java.lang.String: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: org.hibernate.id.IdentifierGenerationException: Unknown integral data type for ids : java.lang.String
   at org.jboss.ejb3.tx2.impl.CMTTxInterceptor.handleInCallerTx(CMTTxInterceptor.java:148) [:0.0.2]
   at org.jboss.ejb3.tx2.impl.CMTTxInterceptor.invokeInCallerTx(CMTTxInterceptor.java:227) [:0.0.2]
   at org.jboss.ejb3.tx2.impl.CMTTxInterceptor.required(CMTTxInterceptor.java:353) [:0.0.2]
   at org.jboss.ejb3.tx2.impl.CMTTxInterceptor.invoke(CMTTxInterceptor.java:209) [:0.0.2]
   at org.jboss.ejb3.tx2.aop.CMTTxInterceptorWrapper.invoke(CMTTxInterceptorWrapper.java:52) [:0.0.2]
   at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:102) [jboss-aop.jar:2.2.2.GA]
   at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(TxPropagationInterceptor.java:76) [:1.0.0.GA]

The database used is "Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production".

The same entity code works fine with EclipseLink (JPA 2.0) on GlassFish 3.1.2 Server.

I want to move to JBoss server, I have tested with JBoss 6.1.0 Final (and thus with Hibernate 3.6.6 Final) but I have this error.

I have also tested with GlassFish 3.1.2 and Hibernate 3.5.0-Final with the same error.

What does I have missed ?

Is this a sort of limitation in Hibernate ?

This error is annoying and prevent me to use JBoss application server ...

Best regards,
Laurent

Post subject: Re: Unknown integral data type
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:43 am 

Hello,
Please someone could help ?
At least a JPA confirmed user could tell if I have not forgot something.
To summarize : I have an ID String column and I want to use a sequence to fill it when created with JPA.
--
Laurent

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]