-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: InvalidClassException on Hibernate's SerializableProxy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:24 am 

Hi All,

I have an application which was running on JBoss4(with Hibernate for persistence) and had some data serialized ( saved in database ).
Now, we migrated the application to JBoss6 with the serialized data retained. However, when reading one of the entities from this data, I am facing InvalidClassException.
The exception is similar to
Code:
java.io.InvalidClassException: org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist.SerializableProxy; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = <some number> , local class serialVersionUID = <some diff number>

I understand that this error can occur in case of serializing entities with a class and trying to deserialize it back with the same class(but with different serialversion uuid). The entity that I am trying to read has compatible changes. So, I believe there should not be any issue with my entity.
And, the exception also does not complain about my entity but rather complaining about the Hibernate class SerializableProxy being different.

Any ideas on what is wrong here and how I can resolve this? Is this because the Hibernate being using with JBoss6 is different from the Hibernate version of JBoss4 which i used to persist these entities?

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: InvalidClassException on Hibernate's SerializableProxy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:50 pm 

Hi All,
Does any one have any suggestions or ideas regarding this??
Thanks,

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]