-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Problem with UTF-8 encoding
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:14 am 

Hello,
I'm facing problem with utf-8 encoding. My application (Spring, hibernate, postgresql) uses UTF-8 and polish national letters. Everything displays properly, but:
When I'm inserting values with polish national letters from jsp page, they are inserted to database in form already encoded to utf-8. That means after inserting polish word zażółcić I have in databse value: zażółcić so I lost several byets from field length. I don't think It's correct behaviour, IMHO client should pass to DB server not encoded value, leaving encoding to DB engine. I don't know, if the problem lays on the hibernate side (I'm not supposing bug, rather my poor skill;)), but maybe it's possible to set somwhere in Hibernate settings to treat strings as UTF-encoded. Maybe someone knows how it should be configured to work properly.
Problem with changing string to UTF-encoded causes error with too long value, although it passes validation.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]